domingo, junho 15, 2008

"The problem was you had to keep choosing between one evil or another, and no matter what you chose, they sliced a little bit more off you, until there was nothing left. At the age of 25 most people were finished. A whole god-damned nation of assholes driving automobiles, eating, having babies, doing everything in the worst way possible, like voting for the presidential candidates who reminded them most of themselves. I had no interests. I had no interest in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn't understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go."

"O problema era você ter que escolher entre um mal ou outro, e não importa o que escolhesse, eles arrancavam mais um pedaço de ti, até não restar mais nada. Por volta dos 25 anos a maioria das pessoas já está acabada. Uma porra inteira de nação dirigindo automóveis, comendo, tendo filhos, fazendo tudo da pior maneira possível, como votando nos presidentes que mais lhe lembrassem a si mesmos. Eu não tinha o menor interesse. Eu não tinha interesse em nada. Eu não tinha idéia de como eu iria escapar. Pelo menos os outros tinha um gostinho da vida. Eles pareciam entender algo que eu não entendia. Possivelmente me faltava algo. Era possível. Eu costumava me sentir inferior. Eu só queria é fugir deles. Mas não tem lugar pra ir."

Velho Buk

Nenhum comentário: